        I just went through several weeks of hell while being weaned off
Requip. Main problem...when "off" I had muscle knots and spasms in the
backs of my upper thighs.  Neuro said the problem with my legs had
nothing to do with Parkinson's and he wouldn't prescribe any medication.
In fact, he told me to cut my Sinemet in half and come back in two
weeks.
        Both my husband and I protested but to no avail.
        During the drive home I told my husband he might as well shoot me or
I'd end up in a psychiatric hospital.
        We put in an emergency phone call to my previous neuro and his
assistant said, "Leave the Sinemet as is" until they could see me.
        To make a long story short, when I finally got to see my previous neuro
(he is our one and only MDS but he now has an assistant) they started me
on Permax. He agreed with me that the pains were caused by Parkinson's,
and said 40 per cent of parkinsonians suffer pain from muscle rigidity
and dystonia.
        I found a good article on pain in Parkinson's by Dr. Abe Lieberman on
the NPF site. The URL is: http://www.parkinson.org/parkpain.htm
        I suggest you take the article to your neuro and let him/her read it.
Judith

Will Johnnston wrote:
>>Bev,

There is a good chance that the morning leg pains and crawl may be
Parkinson's.  Your note says that after a couple of hours he is able to
reach a standing position.

Three quick questions:

1. Do the leg pains generally start when he is waking up / getting out
of
bed?

2. Does he use the Sinemet CR or the generic equivalent Sinemet
[carbidopa/levodoa ER]?

3. How many hours have passed since his last dose of Parkinson's
medication?
I have a similar situation.<<

--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                        EASE THE BURDEN