On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:55:10 -0600 ROBERT A MARTONE <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> U.S. Lists Stem Cell Availability for Researchers
> Thu Nov 8 18:58:14 2001 GMT
>
> The labs include Atlanta-based Bresagen Inc.; San
> Diego-based CyThera Inc.; ES Cell International in Victoria,
> Australia; Geron Inc. in Menlo Park, California; Goteborg
> University and the Karolinska Institute in Sweden; the
> National Center for Biological Sciences/Tata Institute of
> Fundamental Research in Bangalore, India; Reliance Life
> Sciences in Bombay (Mumbai), India; the University of
> California San Francisco; Technion University in Haifa,
> Israel and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation in
> Madison.

Hi Bob,

If a PWP wants to become a stem-cell
patient at one of these laboratories, what
are the first steps one must take?

Do we patients have any means to evaluate which
of the above laboratories should be selected
to affilaite with, for research treatments?

Are stem cells , once implanted, able to produce a
controllable amount of usable dopamine?

I am concerned that  just as fetal cell transplants may have
resulted in a few cases of unstoppable dyskinesias due to
over-production of dopamine, which may have caused egregious
harm to  a few unfortunate patients, proliferating stem cells
might cause similar harm by multiplying uncontrollably.

Ivan
:-)