Hello again,

I come from a family of 8 children.  5 girls and 3 boys.  I began symptoms at age 33 and I'm now 47 and struggle daily with my responsibilities as a wife.  My sisters struggle daily also.

Three of us girls have early onset Parkinson's.  My 2 sister's symptoms started in their early 20's.  All three of us also have Dystonia.  Dystonia is a neurological muscular disorder.  The symptoms consist of sustained contractions of the muscles in one or more parts of the body. This condition is very often misdiagnosed.  For example:  My feet pull upwards.  I actually wear the tops of my shoes out where my toes draw upwards.  The muscles in my legs draw also. Very very painful condition to have along with the Parkinson's.

Are there any people on this list that have siblings with Parkinson's also.  I would really be interested in talking with you.  I know there are many it's just finding you that is hard.  I hope I find you.  I would like to talk to everyone else too.

My whole family has participated in a study at Ohio State University, Columbus, OH several years ago.  My other family members are not showing any signs of PD still to date.

Sincerely,
Colleen