I'm so excited to have found this group!!

My name is Mary Shomon, and I'm a patient advocate and health
writer. I'm currently at work co-authoring a new book re:
Parkinson's disease, including conventional and alternative
treatments. I'm hoping to find patients who want to share their
personal stories to be included in the book, which will be published
next year by Warner Books. (In sharing a story, you can use your
real name, or an anonymous name, whichever is your preference
for your own privacy.)

I would love to be able to include patient stories on a variety of
topics, so that readers hear from patients in your own voice, with
your own expeiences highlighted. So if anyone is interested in
sharing stories, submissions, questions, etc. can be sent to me
directly at [log in to unmask]

Here are some of the topics about which I'm hoping you'll have
stories to share...

Your experience working with doctors re: your Parkinson's
*  A bad experience with a doctor, and what did you learn from it?
*  Good experience with a doctor, and what did you learn from it?
*  Tips on how you effectively deal with your doctor?
*  How did you get your doctor to take you and your symptoms
seriously?

What treatments, techniques, or anecdotal things have helped you
with:
*  Sleep-related problems?
*  Freeze attacks
*  Anxiety and depression
*  Dyskinesias
*  Cognitive problems, memory loss
*  Swallowing difficulties
*  Bladder difficulty / urinary incontinence
*  Sexual dysfunction

Alternative treatments that have worked for you, including, perhaps,
but not limited to...
-- Chelation
-- Traditional Chinese Medicine/acupuncture
-- Ayurvedic medicine?
-- Herbal therapies
-- Naturopathy
-- Homeopathy
-- Manual Healing/Bodywork, including massage, trigger point
therapy, and cranio-sacral massage Rekki, Shiatsu/accupressure)
-- Osteopathic Manipulation
-- Exercise
-- Yoga
-- Tai Chi
-- Music Therapy
-- Laughter Therapy
-- Aromatherapy
-- Relaxation/Stress Reduction, i.e., meditation, journaling, guided
imagery, etc.

Your thoughts about diet/nutrition and protein therapy, what diet
you find works best for you?

Supplements, Herbs, Etc. that may have worked for you, including:
-- Coenzyme NADH (nicotinomide adenine dinucleotide)
-- GM Ganglioside
-- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)
-- Phosphatidylserine
-- Alpha Lipoic Acid
-- N-acetyl-cysteine  (NAC),
-- Acetyl-L-carnitine,
-- Vitamin D
-- Ginkgo biloba
-- Vitamin C
-- B-vitamin Therapy
-- CoenzymeQ10 Therapy
-- Evening Primrose Oil Therapy
-- Passionflower Therapy
-- Milk Thistle Therapy
-- St. John's Wort Therapy
-- Ginger Therapy
-- Intravenous Glutathione

Feel free to pick just one topic if you have some thoughts, or as
many as you'd like to comment on. Don't worry about the
format...it's expressing yourself that counts!

Also, any practitioners who may have thoughts or wish to perhaps
be quoted in the book are welcome to touch base as well. I'm
always interested in hearing from anyone who has ideas or
thoughts that will make this a better book.

I appreciate the opportunity to share this here on the list, and
greatly look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested!

Mary Shomon