Ervin, I'm going into my 6th yr of PD.  I was on Sinemet for a year and was
"ON"  for 30 minutes.  It didn't bother me, but didn't help much and finally
made the dystonia in my left foot so bad I couldn't walk.  When the Sinemet
was increased it didn't help and I just got nauseous.  Looking back, the
first couple of yrs weren't too bad. ..I even made it to Egypt in Jan of
1999.  It seems that when I took the Sinemet was when the stiffness and pain
got bad, but that may just be the progression of the disease.

I want  to comment on 1000 yrs of history.  Where are the case records?  The
side of my family I think this came from we don't know much about and, well,
my great-grandmother died when she was 28 yrs old in childbirth. Her son, my
grandfather had PD.   Also, PD used to be an "old person's disease"  people
got shaky and stiff, etc.  People didn't live long enough to get this
disease,  if I had died from arterio-venous fistulas (2 ops) when I was 28
and 30, I would never have had ovarian cancer at 43, surviving that enabled
me to develop PD at age 60.

I hope no one gets mad me because I chose to not take meds, but just keep me
in mind for comparison.  I"ll be 66 soon.  I think it also makes a difference
whether it's young or old onset PD.  Am I correct in assuming PD seems to hit
younger people harder, but they can take the meds better, or is this too
sweeping a generalization?

I sure would be on PD meds if they worked, you bet!  Just did my mile on
treadmill and water exercises.  I have no "life", but this is what I feel I
must do.  The cancer experience made me less receptive to following Dr.'s
orders.  PLus I can't seem to take much of any kind of med.  Don't know what
I'll do when I can't move, just die, I guess, but it will be on the treadmill
or in the water.

Pls don't anybody interpret my remarks as telling anybody what to do.  I just
think we deserve better meds.  [log in to unmask]