Maryse,

The blue tinted eyeglass lenses are very effective for some
people in reducing dyskinesia. When my wife Nancy was
experiencing uncontrollable dyskinesia (pre 1995) the  blue
tinted lenses would always cause the dyskenesia to improve
and on many occasions it would cease. I must admit that I
was stunned by how well this worked for my wife.

The theory, as I understood it, was that light received
through the eye stimulates dopamine production. If you
already have dyskinesia from excessive dopamine, light could
aggrevate the dopamine balance. The blue tinted lenses in
theory transformed the light so that less dopamine would be
produced.

In 1995 Nancy had pallidotomy surgery which eliminated the
disabling dyskinesia. Because of that successful procedure,
she no longer wears the blue tinted lenses.

As far as balance goes, the indirect benefit from reduced
dyskinesia would improve balance, but I can't say that her
balance was directly improved. Hope this is helpful.

Bob Martone
http://www.samlink.com/~bmartone