Sorry for the delay in my reply.

DBS survey

Age   57

Age at diagnosis  41

> Parkinson's symptoms/medications taken before DBS
DID NOT HAVE DBS   HAD PALLIDOTOMY IN MARCH '96

MY SYMPTOMS WERE VERY SEVERE TOE/FOOT CRAMPING

Other medical conditions for which you take medication/medication
taken

SINEMET  REG AND C/R     CONTROL OF TREMOR ( I HAVE NONE)
PERMAX changing to MIRAPEX   >
SYMETREL    HELPS WITH WALKING>

CELEXA;  CLOZORIL;  SEROQUIL    for help with
depression/hellucinations/paranoia

> Previous surgical interventions - Pallidotomy,
>
>> Date of DBS month/year    MARCH 1996
>
> Parkinson's symptoms/medication taken after PALADOTOMY at
>    2 months
>  CRAMPING DISSAPEARED    NEVER RETURNED
>

> If it was yours to do over, would you undergo this procedure.  Why
> or why  Not?  Please explain your feelings about this surgery as it
pertains to  you and your particular situation

IN MARCH 96 I WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO STOP THE
TOE AND FOOT CRAMPING AND DISTORTING.    AT THAT TIME
IT WAS EXPERIMENTAL BUT I FELT I HAD NOT CHOICE.

THE NEUROSURGEON NEVER TOLD ME THAT THIS SURGERY WOULD
BE A CURE,  BUT "IT MIGHT WORK FOR A WHILE"
I HAD TO TAKE THE  CHANCE.   I GUESS I GOT LUCKY.