In a message dated 11/18/2001 12:56:19 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< ...for about 3-4 days post op i required almost none of my daily meds. I
felt the best that i've felt for 5 years....My neuro just keeps telling me to
keep up with exercise, when i can, and theres hope around the corner for new
treatments in the coming years. I'm tired of waiting and think i'm starting
to get depressed. >>

Kathy,

I think your story of feeling terrific post-op is very interesting. Could
there be something about being under anesthesia that gives the brain and body
a chance to relax and regroup? I wonder if any of the doctors on the list can
comment.

I can well imagine that after 16 years, you are tired of waiting. Having
logged less than half your time with PD, I often find it daunting to think of
the road ahead, and I occasionally have the irrational thought that I can
just say "OK, enough, I'm ready for this to be over now" and the disease will
somehow disappear.  Your three or four days of feeling better than you have
in years sounds like that dream come true, and having those good feelings
disappear must have felt cruel. No wonder you are downcast.

Keeping up our spirits with this disease is hard work - possibly the hardest
work of all. I wish you the best, and I urge you to seek whatever support you
need.

I am glad you reached out to the list. Please keep posting.

Regards,
Kathleen