hey murray==

how are you doing?
human cloning brought you out of hibernation
exciting
hopefully the public will recognize and accept "therapeutic cloning".

I just finished events of the funeral for my mother
trying to move on

I've missed the listserve
skimmed and deleted a lot

doesn't look like anyone is clued in (yet) to :
      genomic studies and
     Parkinsons -- and Alzheimers
     actually alpha-synuclein and tau protiens--
     actually proto-fibrils and fibrils.....
              and, some NSAIDs block protofibril formation (non-COX pathway)
              and there is a vaccine for Alzheimers
              and a better one on the way
         what really causes apoptosis anyway?
an array of genes
to be announced?

do we now know a fundamental cause?

I should dig out references.

A month ago a  PD study was done in Iceland ,
going back 10 generations.
the paper is free online.
The company that did the study
is taking out over 300 patents
late onset PD (most common) joins the rest as a genetic disease
and during the past month
genomic comparisons have been made between
"normal" and Parkinsonian genomes.
there is a discussion of techniques for interptreting the statistics
of this process
that is being termed a "paradigm shift" for looking at genomes.

I wonder if I know someone who could look at my DNA--expensive.

Is your back better?
how is your job affected?
has PD amplified what is going on?

major winter storm moving in
all my hatches aren't battened down yet.

a long loud lonely howl is wailing
it may be the wind
from the prairie

Ray