Dear friends ,

When Galilee proposed that the Earth was not the center of the Universe , then
some religious people said that to defend such idea was an offense to God ...

When Darwin proposed that men and big apes were branched from the same common
ancestor  mammal  specie, then some religious people considered that also an
offense to God ....

Nowadays when actual scientists propose the use of human embryos for therapeutic
medical research then yet some religious people do consider that as an offense
to God .....

These views IMHO, could well be matched with the views of the fundamentalist
Taliban toward our Western Civilization way of life which they do also consider
as sinful and offensive to God ....

Cheers,

Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil