.html

from which the following is taken:
Saint Louis Parkinson Newsletter

                            2001-Wellbutrin

 My chief concern is that when it is given with levodopa it may enhance the
effect of levodopa a little but it has an even greater chance of enhancing
the potential side effects of levodopa.  I would agree with the warning put
out by its maker, Glaxo Wellcome, in the Physician Desk Reference that
ělimited clinical data suggest a higher incidence of adverse events in
patients receiving concurrent administration of buproprion and levodopa.
Administration of Wellbutrin SR tablets to patients receiving levodopa
concurrently should be undertaken with caution, using small doses and gradual
dose increases.î  I would also point out that Zyban, marketed as an aid to
help stop smoking, is the same thing as Wellbutrin.  It is just another name
for buproprion.

ed g