Date sent:              Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:45:37 EST
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Noma DePew <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                New Virus
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Subject: New Virus
>
> ** High Priority **
>
> Many have you may be receiving e-mail messages from some
> correspondents with a Subject of "Hi".  The body of the message
> contains the text "How are you ?  When I saw this screen saver, I
> immediately thought about you I am in a harry, I promise you will love
> it!"  The e-mail also includes an attachment named gone.scr.
>
> This is a new virus that began circulating today.  Our e-mail virus
> protection removes the virus from the e-mail sent to your Burnham
> account, so your computer and e-mail will not be infected.  Just
> delete the message and contact the sender to inform the individual
> that their machine is infected with a virus.
>
> You should be careful when you access e-mail from your home computers,
> as you may have the virus with the attachment included in your
> personal e-mail.  Please do not open any e-mail with the Subject of
> "Hi".

This one is real.  But, the *best* way to avoid getting infected with
viruses is to get an anti-virus program and use it faithfully.  Anyone
connected to the Internet who does not do so is asking for trouble.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"