Clay Felts <[log in to unmask]>
wrote and posted this poem...

Autumn

The days pass quickly but nights are long.
I love deeply but passion wanes.
I have time for my children but they are working.
Wisdom has come but the memory has gone.
My mother died but when I speak I hear her words.
My father is gone but I have his hands.
There is joy in small pleasures but it lives in a shadow
There is more free time but my time grows shorter.
Grandchildren are delightful but they live far away.
I exercise often but I grow weaker.
I take a lot of pills but my health deteriorates.
I understand life but no one will listen.
I cry often but I don't know why.
I wish it could be redone but not done over again.
The experience of life is shared but I walk into death alone.

...Clay Felts

12/01

* * *