Parkinsn's Eighth Anniversary just passed and we are still here doing what
we can to help one another and work to facilitate a cure. Many of us have
participated in drug and surgery studies. Many have participated in surveys
and more will come in the new year. Some have had DBS and have made
significant progress on delaying the progression of our symptoms. What all
this means is still yet to be determined.

New mechanisms of treatment hold great promise, but haven't we heard it all
before? Perhaps stem cells will provide the avenue for treatment and even
the promise of a cure. The sacrifices of today will bring forth the
successes of tomorrow.

Some of you have lost and refound your connection to parkinsn with all the
turmoil of the ISP problems. Some of our subscribers at Home.com are still
without email service. Perhaps this will sort itself out. If you find your
provider has gone out of business don't worry, just let me know where you
are when you can.

The international scope of parkinsn never ceases to amaze me. Below is the
breakdown where our members are located. We appreciate you all.

I wish you and your families the happiest holidays and thank you for your
loving support through the years.

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn

* Country Subscribers
* ------- -----------
* Argentina 1
* Australia 51
* Austria 1
* Belgium 5
* Brazil 7
* Canada 87
* China 2
* Denmark 4
* Finland 2
* France 3
* Germany 8
* Gibraltar 1
* Great Britain 48
* Hungary 2
* India 5
* Indonesia 1
* Israel 6
* Italy 8
* Japan 2
* Malaysia 1
* Mexico 1
* Netherlands 13
* New Zealand 8
* Norway 1
* Philippines 1
* Portugal 5
* Russian Federation 1
* Saudi Arabia 2
* Singapore 1
* South Africa 7
* Spain 11
* Sweden 2
* Switzerland 3
* Taiwan 1
* Thailand 1
* Tonga 1
* Turkey 1
* USA 1,612
* United Arab Emirates 1
* Virgin Islands (U.S.) 1
* ??? 3
*
* Total number of "concealed" subscribers: 56
* Total number of users subscribed to the list: 1922 (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of countries represented: 41 (non-"concealed" only)
* Total number of local host users on the list: 0 (non-"concealed" only)
*