Good Morning All,
I have a cold and took some Ny-Quill cold preparation that acted
adversely on my Parkinson's and left me particularly uncomfortable
and sleepless overnight.

I couldn't sleep, so I was surfing the WWWeb and reading my
e-mail and I read this story of a young lady with MSA who's
getting a DBS for Christmas.

cheers ...... murray

Member Receives Pacemaker

PLWP,inc.
Living With Parkinson’s Disease
P.O. Box 25310, N.Y.  14625-0310716-671-0649
865-932-7624
http://www.plwp.org

Press Release:
Deborah Setzer:
704) 588-9797

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 10, 2001
North Carolina woman to receive brain pacemaker
and raise awareness for parkinson’s disease
awareness,

N.C.--December 10, 2001— Local woman fighting
for her life and the lives of others.

Setzer, Financial Consultant for and active
member of an online Parkinson's non-profit
organization PLWP, Inc., People Living With
Parkinson’s, is living a life of quiet
deterioration and remarkable courage. Deborah
is 39 and lives with the terrible knowledge
that her disease is killing her rapidly, much
more quickly than regular Parkinson's. You see,
she has M.S.A. (Multiple System Atrophy).

Rather than sit around and feel sorry for
herself, this human dynamo has sought out the
talents of Dr. Stephen B. Tatter of Wake-Forest
University in Winston-Salem, N.C.

/Fellowship: Neurosurgery
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
MD/PhD Degrees:
Cornell University Medical College/The Rockefeller University
Undergraduate: The University of Michigan Ann Arbor

Together these brave people, along with
Deborah's caregiver and supportive husband,
Robert Setzer,Sr. and her family, have
decided to face this disease head-on
(so to speak!!).

On December 21st of this month, Deb will
undergo a type of experimental brain
surgery-a DBS (Deep Brain Stimulator)
for MSA.

Deb will be raising money for PLWP, Inc.
which has an on-line support group at
"http://www.plwp.org"
and who’s primary mission it is to maintain
quality of life both for the person diagnosed
and they’re family and friends.  After the
risk of infection is over, she will be
accepting donations to autograph her
bald head. She is also donating her hair
to the Children’s Cancer society, giving
some little girl a brighter outlook on life.

Deborah Setzer at (704-588-9797)or one
of the two Co-Founders of PLWP:
Nancy Abraham (716) 671-0649
or Brenda Tucker at (865) 932-7624.