[log in to unmask] replied:

Original post:
>> Does anybody happen to know why it has become so hard to type?  My
>> typing has been going slowly downhill for about four years, but it
>>seems as if the "slope got a lot steeper" during he last 6 months.
>> I sense there is something more going on than a mere deterioration
>> of  manual dexterity.  It appears to be more than letters missed due to
>> a light touch and strings of letter repeatssssssss due to a retarded
>> release, which are frequent.  I see it, to a more or lesser degree,
>> on  many posts to this exchange, so I don't think my problem is
>> especially  unique.

Reply:
>The repeating final letters, as you described was my first sympton of PD.
>Looking back. it started many years before i was diagnosed - mostly
>probelms repeating the letter "a" - especially words ending in a - would
>end up like -- areaaaa. As you wrote probably due to retarded release of
>the keys.
>I  also find keyboarding getting difficult and slow. Adjusting the
>keyboard sensitivity (i'm not sure if this is the correct term - its an
>option on the Windows control panel) helps a little.

That fits like a (left hand) glove.  The whole thing started late in
1994,
with a barely perceptible, and sort of indescribable glitch in my left
hand.
I kept signing off as NAncy instead of Nancy.

I use a Macintosh at home, and I understand the suggestions about voice
recognition in response to your earlier post, do not apply. I did try
adjusting keyboard sensitivity but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Curiously, the keyboard at the museum is a little easier to use.  I think
some of the problem stems from dexterity, but it seems it is also related
to a another form of mis-communication between brain and hand. Not
surprising,
I guess. Solutions to the problem are welcome.  So are explanations.

NAncy- there, I did it again