    . I saw the positive post by Joan
Hartman -- which kind do you have and do you have complaints. How do you get the
scooter in a car? I think one needs a Van with a lift, right?

Hi...mine is a Lark which I believe was bought out
by Orthokinetic..and it comes apart into several pieces for easier
lifting....the base, the seat, the two batteries (about 15 lbs. each), and the
steering column which lightens the weight and it can be lifted by hand in and
out of the (large) trunk of my car.....the lift would be easier to drive the
scooter  on to ....but my problem is finding a lift for my 1996 Toyota Camry and
so far I I can't ...your car needs to be able to accommodate a Class 3
trailer hitch on the back...and evidently the frame on my Camry can't do
it..it's "off center" .so I think I have to get another vehicle....but in the
meantime, the scooter can be lifted in and out of the trunk...they have various
lifts that can store your scooter on the back of the vehicle or inside the
vehicle....go search on the web (www.alltheweb.com  or www.google.com ) for scooters and lifts and get
an idea of what want...or  www.blvd.com/
or www.mobilitydiscount.com ....or
www.medsell.com   ..there are several
disabilitity sites that can help you  with new and used equipment...Hans
recommended an Abilities Expo and I went to the one in Long Beach CA last Spring
and found out that GM and 3-4 other car mfg. offer discounts on vehicle
disability equipment if you buy a new vehicle and that's where I am now..trying
to decide what I want...Go for it...you'll enjoy the freedom.  Joan
Hartman