NEW TOPIC

Does anybody happen to know why it has become so hard to type?  My typing
has been going slowly downhill for about four years, but it seems as if
the "slope got a lot steeper" during he last 6 months.

I sense there is something more going on than a mere deterioration of
manual dexterity.  It appears to be more than letters missed due to a
light touch and strings of letter repeatssssssss due to a retarded
release, which are frequent.  I see it, to a more or lesser degree, on
many posts to this exchange, so I don't think my problem is especially
unique.

Presently I manage just about two typos per word!  This is especially
frustrating since I want to, need to (am obligated to) produce articles
for academic journals in my field.  My best typing is done at a slow
pace, with my eyes focused on the monitor, watching as each word appears.
 Tedious.

Thank the powers that be for "spell check", although sometimes I am too
far off even for that.  Spell check does not catch things like think
instead of thing.

Nancy Porter
65/62/56