My first electric scooter was a Pride.....easy to take apart and fit into a
trunk for someone other then yourself.. I was not really thinking much more
then vanity when I purchased the scooter instead of what I have now.

 After a few years with that I researched better and decided upon the
Quickie P200 which is  like comparing the most expensive quality automoble
to a Chevy.....

You can go to the Sunrise Medical website
http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/homepages/wheelchair.htmto see Quickies
and compare the various models that would be best suited to your needs.
This company is run by folks who are all disabled and in the Know.  They are
each one made specifically for you according to ALL of your many
measurements and needs....These come with two batterys instead of one so
they are much more powerful.  It is also a electric chair instead of a
scotter which allows me to get in closer to tables for cards or tight spaces
in stores etc.  It turns on a dime and is much more manuverable then the
scooters.

 They are also built alot sturdier for tougber terraines so I can go more
places...Quickies are the wheelchair that is in all the races nationwide
with those fabulous colors....I feel alot more in control and secure with
this chair then my other scooter.  When I cross a street it has alot more
get up and go.......There's nothing wrong with my Pride Scooter, its just
not like the one I have now....

I'm blessed to have top of the line Ins that covered the cost on both of
these.  The first one goes for around $3,000.00 I think and my Quickie is
around 8-10 thousand depending on where you shop....

I sure wish I could find some place that would cover me for a wheelchair
lift as this would help me be much more independent.....It just doesn't make
sense to me that they'll cover a chair and not a lift.....

Charlotte Freemon in San Diego