In a message dated 12/15/2001 12:23:32 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I know in my head that all of this is true and in the daylight, sanity

will return to me but it is the middle of the night and all I can think

of is how, at 50 years of age, my life will be lived out seeing the

world from a seated position. >>

Hello Joan,

Your middle-of-the-night musings are poignant and very affecting.

No doubt you will, as you foresee, make your peace with your shiny new
conveyance and continue to turn the irritants, disappointments, and sorrows
of PD into pearls. Thanks, though, for voicing your feelings of sadness on
the list. It helps to be reminded that we don't have to be, and shouldn't
expect ourselves to be, ultra-plucky and super-perky all the time.

Best wishes,
Kathleen
52- dx48 - onset 44
P.S. LIke you, I remember the heady freedom of my teenage bike...I can feel
the breeze on my face and hear the Supremes singing on the tiny transistor
radio I looped over the handlebars.