I've recently joined this group for the same reason....my Dad casually
mentioned a couple years ago why my uncle committed suicide awhile back.  He
told me his brother had PD & then very casually said he did too...He said it
so casually that I really thought nothing of it....

The last 3 yrs he's been acting very odd talkin through his letters alot
about suicide and murder..speaking in rhymes..He's 77 and lives 3 thousand
miles away from me....When he visited last, he turned over backwards in our
chair and jumped right up....he choked on some soup and then feel into the
shower when he went to the bathroom....I thought he was
possessed.....seriously.....he was actin so wierd like he was fighting the
devil inside of him.......

I have a severe genetic liver/lung disease and have been on 02 24 hrs a
day...My disease was only diagnosed in my late 30's....So many years I've
wished that my father would show some compassion but instead he treats my
disease as it its lepracy.....He's always taught my sister, brother & I that
we should commit suicide if we get to the point where we can no longer take
care of ourselves....My brother & sister have committed suicide.....

I've learned over the years that having a physical illness can be an
excellent time to work on our spiritual side....This is what I wanted so
much for my father to experience....He has never had even a finger
broken...I wanted him to see that there is so much more to life....Sure we
have to go through the anger & denial stage but if we just end it all when
the going gets tough I don't think we are really learning what we are
supposed to learn while here this short while on Earth....

My father doesn't want me to know anything about his health because he's
always been so nasty to me and others who have been ill.....I have managed
to become friendly with his bridge partner from afar and this is my only
source to possibly help me know what stage he's in....

She just told me that his hand was shaking and that he had to go into a
hospital awhile back due to dizziness.....I never knew anything....I've been
quickly trying my best to learn about this PD.....His wife has glaucoma and
I feel very sure that he has something not so good on his mind.....In the
meantime I'm reaching out to the suicide hotline for advice and I know that
if I make one wrong move he will never speak to me again......

I don't know when he was diagnosed & I believe he is planning a trip out
here so I think he is still able to hide it somewhat or so he thinks....I
was wondering why his voice was so light and his face without any emotion
and he is so parinoid.....I continue to just show as much support from afar
as I can in hopes that he will convide in me.....I love my Dad and don't
want him to do something drastic ......

Charlotte in San Diego