Good Morning All,
Here's the overnight "News & Views"....  from the media

The New York Times has a great section on stem cells
and cloning and all the pros and cons.... (Thankyou goes
to my friend Helen in Oregon for alerting us on this one)

If you are offended by in-depth science on cloning & embryos...
You are hereby forewarned... this may be graphic...

These articles and the attending Interactives sum up all
the info we've assembled to date...

Oh, one thing, the New York Times requires you register
online... But it is FREE...

My eyes are buggin' out 'n I'm gettin' overtired.... I
need some sleep...

Do these ARTICLES announce a CURE?  Nope!
Still a long time away.....

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie "Ali"
over the holidays...

Cheers ........ murray

INTERACTIVE FEATURE
An Embryonic Journey - Fifty-six days in the life of an embryo,
from fertilization until it becomes a fetus.
http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2001/12/18/science/index.html

ALSO Click on:
• Timeline: Stem Cell Research
• Graphic: The Body's Master Builders
• Adult Stem Cells; Repairing the Body
• Stem Cell Lines

A Thick Line Between Theory and Therapy, as Shown With Mice
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/science/life/18MICE.html

Controversy Over Cloning Reignites in Congress
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18CELL.html

In Tiny Cells, Glimpses of Body's Master Plan
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18NEXT.html

In Production of Stem Cells, Many Featured Actors but Few Stars
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18PLAY.html

Scientists Seek Ways to Rebuild the Body, Bypassing the Embryos
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18ALTE.html

Apostle of Regenerative Medicine Foresees Longer Health and Life
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18HASE.html

Personal Health: Weighing the Rights of the Embryo
Against Those of the Sick
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18BROD.html

Use of Cloning to Tailor Treatment Has Big Hurdles, Including Cost
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18COST.html

Defining the Undefinable: The Living Cell
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18LIFE.html

Stem Cell Glossary
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/health/genetics/18GLOS.html

ARTICLE: Shoulder-to-Shoulder With Ali
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57976-2001Dec18.html

NEWS: Chinese research embraces therapeutic cloning
http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/depth/china121801.htm

BBC NEWS: Stem cell ethics under microscope
Europe wrestles with stem cell question
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1717000/1717094.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1717000/1717039.stm

* * *