Paul: I agree completely with you. Each of us is different, primarily, due to our brain and the way we process stimuli. I didn't think that Jan was trying to sell anything other than a process that at this point seemingly works for him. Jeannette is a 25+ year veteran and is still walking unaided most of the time. In crowds she uses a cane or when shopping, a cart. She is absolutely amazing. She has her days where movement is difficult. Usually I can attribute it to lack of proper rest or an event where she is excited to be a part of the day She was taken off Sinemet 14 months ago as it was causing more problems with dyskensia than it was solving in the movement arena. She had worn out the medication. She was on Requip at the time and it was continued. At this point she takes a 'bunch' of meds including Amantadine, Tasmar, Requip, Selegiline HCL and Cogentin for the PD. Others are taken for estrogen replacement and osteoarthritis. She has a very placid personality in that things that disturb me greatly seldom make her blink. If I had the PD I would be a basket case at this point if I were still alive at all. We are likely to try another mix of meds after the holidays. Dr. Koller, formerly of KU Medical Center, was one of our more recent neurologists. He has since moved to Miami into research and one of his graduates is now our neuro. He understands that we live it and he sees us for about 30 minutes every 3 months. He is willing to let us try different schemes go keep going and it had been a very successful venture. Anyway after reading Jan's dissertation, I think there is something to his conclusions for SOME people. The 'proof of the pudding' is in the eating. I firmly believe there is something to the mind-over-matter concept. However, most of us don't concern ourselves over the body and mind that was given to us. We just react to its aches and pains and let it, perhaps with the help of medication, resolve the current problem. Most will not consider trying to get the mind to assist us in doing away with the problem whatever it might be. Anyway, as you say, it likely is not for everyone but some might be able to apply Jan's techniques in some regard. As a trained Mathematician he is likely better than most to command the brain to use logic to help him in his endeavor. Good luck to him in his quest. Best to all and a very merry holiday season to all. Jack *********************************************************** E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 63/38/37 Topeka, KS [log in to unmask] *********************************************************** KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' & HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER & 'TOTO' Ad Astra per Aspera - 'To the Stars through Difficulty' *********************************************************** ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask] In the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn