[log in to unmask]  wrote

>I am aware of the differences between the two types of MAO
>inhibitors.  Even though such difference exists, there are still
>occasional interactions between Selegiline and cheeses containing
>tyramine, red wine, etc.  Besides, we don't even know at this time
>whether the patient is taking Selegiline or not.  And we also don't
>know of any *other* drugs that the patient may be taking, either.

Wow, nobody told me about tyramine, cheese and red wine.

I started taking Selegiline (5mg) three to four weeks ago and was
instructed just last week to add another 5mg daily, after lunch. This
holiday season has been unusually heavy on cheese and wine.  Could this
be the reason I've been feeling so awful for the last week. I had assumed
it was probably a profound lack of rest and holiday stress, but I have
been burdened with many joint and other body aches which I have never had
to put up with before.???

I also take inhalers (Pulmicort and Serevent) for asthma, which has also
begun to bother me, just a little bit, at the same time.

Nancy