Hi Paul and Hello Again to All,
Acurian is a very extensive (US) site and I've added it
to my "Bookmarks".  Thanks Paul... :-) ... murray

I'm not aware of a similar Canadian page...

The best resource for Trials in your own area is the Movement
Disorder Center... if you are fortunate enough to live nearby...

The Parkinson Study Group (PSG) is a non- profit, cooperative
group of Parkinson's disease experts from medical centers in
the United States and Canada who are dedicated to improving
treatment for persons affected by Parkinson's disease.
Check out What is a Clinical Trial?
http://www.parkinson-study-group.org/

WebMD also have a good page explaining Clinical Trials...
http://my.webmd.com/condition_center_content/prk/article/1833.50143

The Centerwatch Clinical Trial Listing Service covers the US
and (if you scroll down to the bottom) some International (Canada)
http://www.centerwatch.com/patient/studies/cat117.html

The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through its National Library
of Medicine, has developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients,
family members and members of the public current information
about clinical research studies
http://clinicaltrials.gov/

A search for Parkinson's reveals 25 trials most still "Recruiting"...

For instance... This study is currently recruiting patients.
Effects of Monoamine Reuptake Inhibitor NS2330
in Parkinson's Disease
http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00006077

NPF have a Parkinson's Trials page...
http://www.parkinson.org/clnindex.htm

Then there's Current Controlled Trials who bill themselves as
the MetaRegister of Controlled Trials...
http://www.controlled-trials.com/
http://www.controlled-trials.com/links/

Cheers ........ murray

On 26 Dec 2001, at 8:21, Paul Lauer wrote:

> Hi again: Just reading my mail and noted my latest post
> from Acurian, an interesting web site which among other
> things advises on clinical trials underway (and possibly
> to join) throughout (at least) the US. I don't know if
> Canadian test sites are included or if there is perhaps another
> service covering similar info for Canada. Murray who wrote
> an excellent post to you earlier stressing the need to be
> proactive (among other things) is the acknowledged master
> of the web searchers on this list and if there is a Canadian
> Acurian equivalent, Murray will know of it or can
> find it.
>
> I tend to look at the trials which are testing neuroprotective
> drugs - those which address the progress of the disease
> as opposed to addressing symptoms - and I actually joined
> one in Philadelphia which might be too much of a trip for you
> (if not, ask and I will furnish contact details).
>
> There are other lists available once you settle in to Internet use
> against your disease. One is for caregivers (CARE), one is for
> comic relief (SPARKLE), and others such as PD Recoverers
> suggest alternate treatments and ways of thinking about the
> disease. As must be obvious by now, just ask if you want
> to know something. Or duck when some of us  (moi?) start
> providing you with more than you care to know.
>
> Paul H. Lauer

* * *