On 23 Dec 2001, at 8:35, nkporter wrote:

> I'm a relative newcomer to this place.
> Would somebody please explain
> about Margaret Tuchman and Carol Walton.
> They seem to mean a great deal
> to lot of people, so much so that their identity
> is apparently assumed
> to be known to most of the list.
>
> Thank you. Nancy P.

Good Afternoon All,
First, I'm elated to hear that Margaret Tuchman is doing so well!!

And Second.... Margaret Tuchman is known and beloved for
her hard work, dedication, and exemplary example for the
Advocacy she does on behalf of all of us.  Carol Walton is
her right hand.

Looky here!

I first recall Margaret Tuchman and Simon Coles
working to establish the drug database...

The P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn's List Drug Database Index
http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/drugdb/drugdb.html

Then there was the Parkinson Alliance...
The Parkinson Alliance - The Road to the Cure!
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/home.html
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/about/m_tuchman.html

and.. The Morris K. Udall Act
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/aboutus.html

And... Jerry Finch and Habitat For Horses...
http://www.habitatforhorses.org/

And ... one year ago... we all crossed our fingers for Margaret
as she underwent DBS surgery...

Margaret Tuchman on DBS and Stem Cell Research
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/news/tuchmanstemcell.html

And in July...
Margaret Tuchman joins NJ Rep. Rush Holt (D)
in Stem Cell Advocacy
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/news/Holtstemcell.html

So there you have the answer to who and why these people
mean so much to all of us....

Cheers ........ murray