In a message dated 12/24/2001 8:23:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> However, most of us don't concern ourselves over the body and
>
> mind that was given to us. We just react to its aches and pains and
>
> let it, perhaps with the help of medication, resolve the current
>
> problem.  Most will not consider trying to get the mind to assist
>
> us in doing away with the problem whatever it might be.

Jack, I also believe that IF we can use our minds to assist us, it can
possibly help with the problems.....thanks for giving us your input on this.

BTW, a couple of weeks ago, my Orthopod prescribed Neurontin to see if it
would help with the pain and dystonia in my legs and feet.  It did seem to
ease those problems, but -- it also caused a higher degree of imbalance and
staggering, so I stopped taking it.  I won't be seeing my new Neurologist
until the first week in January, and I'm going to run it by him for his
opinion.  I had an EEG a couple of weeks ago, and still do not know the
results.....
The information that Murray sent regarding the new MRI technique to scan the
brain sounds to me as if it would be much better at diagnosing neurological
problems than the EEG.
Regards to all, and Merry Christmas!
Bunny