Dear Bob, You seem very "invested" in disproving my personal healthcare
choices. Why is that?  `

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert A. Fink, M.
D.
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 2:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: More questions

From:                   Robert A. Fink, M. D. <[log in to unmask]>
To:                     PARKINSN
Send reply to:          [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:20:57 -0800

> Date sent:            Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:41:58 -0700
> Send reply to:        [log in to unmask]
> From:                 Mark Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:              Re: More questions
> To:                   [log in to unmask]
>
> > I have chosen a wide range of brain protection supplements and
> > anti-oxidants in addition to regular walks, yoga a low stress
> > environment in the CO mountains. I also use enemas and colonics to
> > help with the detox. I have found that when I feel "toxic" and/or
> > depressed, cleaning out the toxic material in my colon changes my
> > whole outlook upon the world.
> >

> There is no evidence that "chelation" does anything positive for
> patients with Parkinson's disease.  "Chelation" had been used (in the
> past) as a method of removing certain heavy metals, notably lead and
> arsenic, from the body in cases of gross poisoning, but even then,
> there is serious risk,as the chelating agents, if potent, "liberate"
> the toxic metals (which are bound to tissue or protein) and can cause
> acute heavy metal poisoning.
>
> The issue of the removal of amalgam (mercuty-containing) dental
> fillings has likewise been shown to be of no value other than to those
> who collect the fees from the removal (and replacement) procedures.
> It is also suggested that the act of removal of the amalgam fillings
> liberates more mercury than what would be liberated (very slowly) over
> many years.
>
> Growth hormone is the biggest scam of all.  It is sold (very
> expensively) as an "anti-aging" nostrum.  It is usually sold as
> something to be taken by mouth.  Growth hormone, along with the
> other pituitary hormones, is a *protein*, and so, it is *digested* by
> the stomach juices just like a piece of steak.  Growth hormone has no
> biological activity unless it is injected.
>
> An excess of growth hormone causes a disease called "acromegaly",  It
> is associated with distortion of facial features, premature arthritis,
> sugar diabetes, heart disease, and premature death.  The only
> recognised use for growth hormone is for treatment (children) of those
> who have a lack of same (pituitary disease or radiation of the brain
> because of certain pediatric brain tumors).  Growth hormone has no
> value as an "anti-aging" substance despite the "testimonials" and
> advertisements.
>
> And as far as "colonic irrigation" to remove "toxins" is concerned, I
> will leave that to your imagination.
>

> Best,
>
> Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: