We are retired. My husband Julian, 65 years old, has been diagnosed with Parkinson. We found your Web information on CNN WebMed, listing your resources. As a husband and wife, we are helping each other through any health problems. However, we understand that Parkinson is a long term debilitating disease and we will require endurance.
As we are new, we do not know the rules of our contact. However, we would need a feedback. Julian is taking a # of supplements for energy, e.i. Vitamin C, E, Coenzyme Q-10, Lipoic acid. Nothing seems to help though with his handshaking which is at times violent. He is very irritable. Our family doctor does not have anything against supplements but did not review them individually.
Doctor does not want to start my husband on levadopa or other drugs due to side effects for as long as my husband can manage without them. We asked to be sent to neurologist. After negotiations, our family doctor agreed to that.