Hi Murray

I am not sure that i was getting out  to the PARKINSN last night
thanks  for forwarding this info

I am still not used to Eudora
I put OS X on my G4 and gave up on Netscape for a while
tried a few e-mailers lately
I 'spose i'll  be one of those folks that send 'test' messages to the list
too annoying

Alpha-synuclein is something to watch
there is potential here for halting progression
it is also tied in to alzheimers and pd+

there is still a question about if the accumulation of alph-synuclein
is cause or effect
potentially, soluble  mutant forms may be the destructive forms

recently there has been a natural form discovered
something to do with mitochondria and membranes

genetics of PD is advancing
I surmise that in addition to chromosomal haplotypes
--suseptable to environmental insults--of course
there will be mitochondrial mutations
also cranking out bad protien
some PD skips generations and does not follow Mendelian inheritance patterns
some PD has been isolated to
specific mutations to
specific chromosomes
for some familial forms

I think the human mitochondrial DNA has been sequenced
just takes a lot of work to sort out what the genes are and do there
some of this is new (protienomics) and is a rapidly expanding field
and should have many valuable uses
the IBM Gene machine comes to mind
as we look at the immensity of  potential work

and there may be a number of "fixes"
depending of the variety of PD expressed

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I'm going to try again

Ray

--