Date sent:              Sat, 29 Dec 2001 12:02:08 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Gail Vass <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Low protein diet
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Would there be or could there be a respiratory component
>  to a reaction to the tyramine ? I have understood the
> "cheese effect" to cause a sudden, marked elevation  of blood
> pressure but I'm wondering about a respiratory component
> as a reaction to Selegiline/ Eldepryl.

Could be.

> I was currently wondering about Eldepryl because my Parkie
> sister, 53yo, ended up in the ER Christmas evening with difficulty
> breathing again. Her BP was elevated. This has happened on several
> occassions and she has been tested thoroughly and no cause has been
> found. The doctor suggested a food allergy and asked her to keep a
> diary of her diet. She is on Eldepryl, Mirapix and Sinemet.

I would consider the Eldepryl as a possible causative factor.  Talk to
the doctor who prescribed the Eldepryl.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"