Bob Fink wrote:

"I am aware of the differences between the two types of MAO
inhibitors.  Even though such difference exists, *  there are still
occasional interactions between Selegiline and cheeses containing
tyramine, red wine, etc. *  Besides, we don't even know at this time
whether the patient is taking Selegiline or not."
============
Bob, since you mentioned that there are " still
occasional interactions between Selegiline and
cheeses containing tyramine, red wine, etc." would
you explain more about what symptoms one would
expect if they were experiencing some form of the
"cheese effect".

Would there be or could there be a respiratory component
 to a reaction to the tyramine ? I have understood the
"cheese effect" to cause a sudden, marked elevation  of blood
pressure but I'm wondering about a respiratory component
as a reaction to Selegiline/ Eldepryl.

I was currently wondering about Eldepryl because my Parkie
sister, 53yo, ended up in the ER Christmas evening with difficulty
breathing again. Her BP was elevated. This has happened on several occassions and
she has been tested thoroughly and no cause has been
found. The doctor suggested a food allergy and asked her to keep a
diary of her diet. She is on Eldepryl, Mirapix and Sinemet.

Your thoughts on this aspect would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gail Vass
    [ ps. I receive digest so please cc me directly thanks]