Dear CASLLers

This week I was asked about the origin/background for the ubiquitous
Canadian "eh."  Can anyone on this list help me out?

Thanks,

Henry Hubert

                           Henry A. Hubert, Ph.D.
                               Dean of Arts

University College of the Cariboo   |   Phone:   250-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                       |   FAX:     250-371-5510
Kamloops, B. C.                     |   E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
V2C 5N3