CASLLers

Thanks to all of you that responded to my question about "eh."  I haven't
yet followed up all the leads to find out why "eh" has become such a
Canadian hallmark, given that the expression is not restricted to Canada,
as Graham noted.  Some reflections came directly to me, off the list.
Thanks for those too.  Ian, your citation was especially helpful. Many
thanks.

Best regards to all.

Henry Hubert

                           Henry A. Hubert, Ph.D.
                               Dean of Arts

University College of the Cariboo   |   Phone:   250-828-5236
P.O. Box 3010                       |   FAX:     250-371-5510
Kamloops, B. C.                     |   E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
V2C 5N3