CASLL friends
I found these postings at the Chronicle of Higher education site.  There
are multiple positions in the faculty of arts and science but I just
copied the ones in communication and education for this listserv.  See
http://jobs.chronicle.com/id.php?id=213771
Position: Faculty of Arts and Science
Institution: Concordia University
Location: Canada
Date posted: 1/4/2002

Concordia University’s Faculty of Arts and Science

A Brilliant Choice

Our Faculty of Arts and Science is continuing to rebuild its professorial
ranks at an unprecedented level. We have hired more than 100 tenure-track
professors in the last four years and plan to hire another 100
tenure-track professors in the next three to four years, including up to
35 this year. As a transitional measure, we are also looking to hire a
number of lecturers and assistant professors to join our dynamic Faculty
for full-time, limited-term appointments for the 2002-2003 academic year.

COMMUNICATION STUDIES

Our Department of Communication Studies invites applications for up to
four limited-term appointments. Depending upon Departmental needs, we
anticipate hiring in one or more of the following three areas: Media
Production (Video or Multimedia); Political Economy, Communication and
Culture; and Communication Theory, Rhetoric and Cultural Studies.
Applicants must hold a terminal degree (PhD or MFA) in Communication
Studies or in a cognate field. Related teaching experience is essential.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach at the BA, Graduate
Diploma, and MA levels.
Dr. Martin Allor,
Chair, Department of Communication Studies,

EDUCATION

Our Department of Education invites applications for up to three
limited-term appointments, one in each of the following three areas: Early
Childhood and Elementary Education (ECEE), Educational Studies (ESTU), and
Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). For the ECEE position,
applicants must have expertise in early childhood and elementary
education, particularly in language arts and science, along with a
teaching certificate and prior classroom experience. For the ESTU
position, the candidate will be expected to teach graduate and
undergraduate courses dealing with current issues in education,
comparative education, and the philosophy and history of education.
Applicants for the ECEE and ESTU positions should hold a completed or
nearly completed PhD. For the TESL position, applicants should be
methodologists in English-second-language teaching. Responsibilities will
include the supervision of student teachers and the teaching of
undergraduate courses in the field of classroom methodology. Applicants
must be bilingual, possess at least an MA degree in TESL, and have
demonstrated experience in the field.
Prof. Ellen Jacobs,
Chair, Department of Education