Carole you wrote...."Several months ago, I
voluntarily decreased my hours from 40 to 30. I thought I   could maintain at that level for a while, since I worked
in the out-patent part of the hospital, with regular
hours, M-F, more stable patients,and lots of computer/desk
duties,
with frequent opportunities to rest..."

so that tells me you see the need to take care of
YOURSELF....

Your question to yourself should be:
"Will my PD get worse  with all the stress and very little rest if I take
the new position?????"   In 1998 we had some drastic high stress
changes at my job for a few months and my neuro appt happened to be in the
middle of the changes...although I felt I was doing fine she told me she didn't
like the way I was beginning to walk because of my "new found stress" and was
very insistent that I was through working THAT DAY as it was taking a toll on
me...and ..because you just can't undo damage to your body/brain/etc.....and I
cried and cried....I was not mentally ready to accept being in another
category....still not accepting the damned PD (diagnosed '97), on disability,
retirement, being home all day after 29 years with the same company,  etc.... it
took me several months to adjust and she was right...you don't need the
stress...Life and pd is hard enough without adding daily/hourly stress
stituations....

I'm so glad the neuro made me do it....you're getting very
valuable direction re how to apply from people on the list .... you might also
want to check out Greg Stirling's site  www.angelfire.com/pe2/firingpin/ssdi.html
....he's got tons of really good info on there.......Greg used to post on the
list ....Greg are you still with us....  Good luck, Carole....

Joan Hartman

--- Joan Hartman

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.