Hello again, Everyone:

I am looking forward to hearing more about Jim Finn's
interview
on the CBC (the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). I
am lucky
enough to live within their range, and can vouch for
the quality
of their programming (somewhat similar to our own NPR
(National
Public Radio).

I have reviewed Jim's web-site and am extremely
impressed by
it. I understand that my friend Janet has had a hand
in it.
It's wonderfully organized, and speaks to the "gold"
that is
there for the mining in this List's archives (where I
have
been spending a great deal of my time lately!).

I found the CBC webpage describing the program in some
detail,
and it also has a direct link to the webpage where one
can
listen to the radio program live over the internet. It
starts
this morning (!) at 09:11 a.m. (such precision!) but I
get the
impression that Jim's segment will not be the first
item. See
below.

I'm not sure how the various time zones across the
country are
handled, but I understand that the show will be
archived in
Real Audio sound files on the CBC website. I notice
that tapes and
transcripts are also available.

>From one Jim to another, Bravo! and, How do you do it
all?

Best regards,

Jim Turnbull

http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/thismorning/index_newsite_sundaypromo.html

this week on the program

Sunday Edition, January 05, 2002

Skidelsky on Keynes: Join Michael Enright in
conversation with Lord Robert Skidelsky, an economic
historian and much acclaimed biographer of one
of the most respected economists of all time John
Maynard
Keynes. Lord Skidelsky has written and lectured
extensively on post-collectivisation, Thatcherism and
the
welfare state, and Eastern Europe. Websites:
Fighting for Britian , The Future of Russia , Francine
Stock
interviews Lord Robert Skidelsky , The Lionel
Gelber Prize , Criticism of NATO

Being Human: Bob Carty launches a 6 part series
called "Being Human." The series is an indepth look at
how medical technologies could change our
humanity. His documentary "Who are the Guinea Pigs?"
looks at
xenotransplantation, the transplantation of
living cells, tissues and organs from one species to
another
species. Jim Finn is featured in the
documentary. He is a former late-stage Parkinson
patient who talks about
his affliction, the xenotransplantation using
pig embryo cells, and the results. Bob Carty's series
continues
throughout the week on This Morning.

Hank Williams: Hank William's life was short -
he didn't live to see thirty, but he's still known as
the best
country singer of all time. The Alabama singer
died in the backseat of a car on his way to a New
Year's day
concert in 1953 - 49 years ago this week. A new
book about Hank Williams was compiled by Colin Escott,
music historian, and Kira Florita, who produced
a grammy winning Hank Williams complete boxed set of
recordings. Their book is "Hank Williams:
Snapshots from the Lost Highway." Websites: Official
Hank
Williams website , Hank Williams Sr. , New
Recordings Honouring Hank Williams

Jim Finn's website is here:
www.geocities.com/jimcfinn/