Linda --

I am a social worker (with an M.A. in Behavioral Science) and victim rights
advocate for the elderly and dependent adults.  I work for a state funded
program whose target population is underserved victims of crime in those
categories.  I do not believe there is a patient's rights advocate at this
hospital but I do know the social workers through professional contact and
do intend to try to pursue that avenue.  I also work closely with Shasta
County Adult Protective Services.  They, of course, intervene only within
the parameters of their criteria: over 65 or dependent adult, client at risk
with no help from family and fails at home.  Sometimes it's a pretty dismal
picture as I see it every day.  As is the fact that I might be not be able
to do that any more.

Must get ready to go to the hospital but want to leave you with a little
humor.  The neuro's main objection that he came up with to changing to
Tegretol was that Ted would have to take two pills a day instead of just one
dilantin!!!!   I have to tell you, I just stood there rather speechless.
There must be a good joke in that like how many pills must a doctor give for
PD in order to be a neurologist or something.  I mean, how many pills do
most PWP's take.  Oh well.

See you all later.  I'm sorry for the personal nature of these messages on
the list but I am too busy and tired right now to message everyone
individually.  Thanks for you patience and understanding.

Love,
Carole