In a message dated 1/2/02 11:47:09 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< We even stocked placebo pills, impressive horse-size tablets
with polka dots. >>

What an important effect it could be if my memory is correct that the WSJ,
years ago, reported on a study that showed that different color placebo pills
helped "cure" differently according to their colors in relation to the
apparent sickness. In other words, some placebo colors might work better on
some illnesses than on others. The effect of polka dots was not covered by
the study--nor, was the use of rose-colored glasses.

By the way, how much was the patient charged for those impressive pills?
Covered by insurance?

Ed g