"Carole K. Menser" wrote:

> Back from the hospital tonight.  Ted much better than earlier today.  Neuro is "so pleased with the way the Tegretol is working."  Upping it to 1600 mg. tomorrow.  Funny thing about that is that neuro would still have him on dilantin if I hadn't refused that treatment and asked that he be weaned off and put on Tegretol.  He was up to go to the bathroom (success!!!).  Hope the details aren't too graphic.
>
> Not out of the woods yet but maybe headed there.

Carole, I'm truly grateful for this news -- maybe all our prayers are
being answered. You have done a heroic job of caring for him, I hope
you're taking time out to pat yourself on the back.

Ted is the third PWP I'm aware of whose condition worsened when he was
put on Dilantin by a physician, and improved when the family intervened
to have the Dilantin removed.

Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Ask the Parkinson Dietitian"
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/