I would greatly appreciate finding out what is considered 'safe' for sleep
help for PWP's using Sinemet & Eldepryl.  Apparently, most of the usual drugs
for these problems may not be used.  The only class of drugs I have found so
far not contra indicated is the Benzodiazepines.  My husband, 68, male, PD
for 8+ years (Sinemet 10/100 3-4 X day, Eldepryl 5 mg 1 X day) is currently
having a horrible time as bedtime comes.  He gets anxious and restless.  He
has somewhat of a phobia about sleep time because he has SO much trouble
going to and/or staying asleep (also has all the 'usual' PD nightmares,
verbalization, thrashing, etc.)  He sleeps little, and intermittently.  It is
becoming an overwhelmingly disturbing issue for him.
I am researching this in several places, but would like to have your input --
what have you used/found to be helpful?
He has tried Xanax and Vallium, neither seems to have much of an impact.  I
believe that an anti-anxiety drug may be a good choice.  Before we go back to
the Doctor (who is not very helpful) I would like to compile a list of drug
possibilities.
Therefore, I ask -- what has worked for you -- what would you suggest?
Would an 'extra' Sinamet at bedtime be helpful?
Thank You for any advice
Roberta, CG for Clyde