Hello --

Hooray!  For the first time saw an improvement in Ted yesterday morning.  He is going off dilantin and on more tegretol.  They also took him off amantadine as it lowers the seizure threshold.  He was hooked up to EEG for 7 hrs yesterday.  Visible focal seizures about once every hour but shorter and milder.  And he can hear us during them.  Of course he is tired and confused by the end of the day.  They are also going to monitor his PD meds.  Cut back on sinemet, off requip and remerol for awhile.  Still on tasmar.  Neuro came in last night.  I am trying to work with the attending doc but must talk to him about what I need to do to get rid of this neuro entirely.  I talked to Ted about it and he said "Dr. ---- is no good."  At least we are in agreement about that!!!

Thanks to those who have messaged me complimenting my advocacy skills.  However, I am a social worker/victim's rights advocate by profession.  The way I really look at it is this:  I talk to God about all of this and everybody else (docs included) are definitely lower in the pecking order than that.

Keep praying, please.

Carole
spouse of Ted 54/46/40