Hello --

I just spoke with Joan Snyder.  She tells me that she called the hospital last night and spoke to the nurses about Ted and about meds contraindicated in PD.  Apparently the doctor ordered a new medication and the nurses told her he is doing much better.  I will be going to the hospital in about an hour to assess the situation.  He was doing terrible when I left last night -- wandering, falling, babbling about things.  They had ordered 300 mg more of the dilantin.  I told the nurse and she was very sympathetic and was charting everything for the doctors.  I was upset and mad to say the least.  But at least I got some sleep last night so feel somewhat human today.

By the way, maybe phone calls would help.  Hospital is Mercy Medical Center at 530-225-6000.  Ask for Intermediate Care Unit.  His is room 208.

Thank God for ACTIVISTS!!!!!  That is the only way people will listen sometimes.

Blessings to you all,
Carole
spouse of Ted 54/46/40