Hi Joan and All,
Sites that want to know too much bug me...

There are usually aternatives to sites that require invasive amounts
of personal data...

The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through its National Library
of Medicine, has developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients,
family members and members of the public current information
about clinical research studies. Before searching, you may want
to learn more about clinical trials and more about this Web site.
Check often for regular updates to ClinicalTrials.gov
http://clinicaltrials.gov/

Another good free site with no log in is CentreWatch...

Welcome to the Centerwatch Clinical Trials Listing Service!
You can use this site to find a wealth of information  related to
clinical trials, such as a listing of more than 41,000 industry- and
government-sponsored clinical trials as well as new drug
therapies recently approved by the FDA. Our site is designed
to be a resource both for patients interested in participating
in clinical trials and for research professionals.
http://www.centerwatch.com/

Cheers ............ murray

On 13 Jan 2002, at 7:35, Joan Hartman wrote:

> Hi...does anyone know anything about the following
> site ...is it worth signing up with......to sign up they ask
> for a ton of personal information so they can match you
> up with your specific interest....in one place they say
> they don't share information and in another they say
> they keep a database to match you up with your
> interests and their press release for last July says....
>
> "Yahoo! and Acurian didn't divulge terms of their agreement.
> Acurian operates under agreements with pharmaceutical and
> biotechnology companies seeking to launch clinical  trials,
> which compensate it with fixed fees, fees based on numbers
> of patients recruited, or a combination, Michelson said."
>
> Acurian, the source for information on clinical trials and
> innovative new drugs and therapies
>
> http://www.acurian.com
>
> --- Joan Hartman

* * *