In a message dated 1/6/02 8:52:08 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Ed, could you give more information on how Requip is working for you?  Is
it

the only Parkinson's medication you're taking?  How many milligrams and how

long have been taking it?  Any information would be helpful.

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I'm 72 and been on only on Requip for
about a year.  First 6 mos. at one 1MG tablet 3x a day, and the last 6 mos.
at 2MG tablet 3 times a day--total 6MG a day. No other meds at this time.  I
needed something to help especially with balance control.  I'm sure that
you're familiar with the test.  Before Requip, a strong pull back on my
shoulders by the Neuro required 4 steps back to regain my balance.  Same test
3 mos. ago, I could regain my balance with only one step backward.  I can do
a lot of ladder climbing once more.  I'm one of the lucky one with almost no
tremor problem.  Since I'm taking no other meds, it may have helped with some
depression and claustrophobia, which have not returned.

Some people report being taken over by an unexpected sleep while on Requip.
That's been no problem yet at my present dose.  However, all my adult life, I
never could nap during the day, even after hard work.  About one-half hour
after taking a pill, I have been known to yawn one or twice.

At times, I may drool a little.  I don't know if that is made worse or better
with Requip.

ed g