Having read of the recent important breakthrough in stem cell research that
the Udall Parkinson's Disease Research Center at Harvard University has
announced, I have been attempting to reach out to PWP to inspire them to take
action to contact the organizations, foundations, government agencies, and
government representatives who have funding for Parkinson's, and political
influence.  I think we need to "lobby" for a greater share of the financial
resources devoted to Parkinson's to be funneled into stem cell research.  I
do believe this is our best hope for a real cure for this disease and I think
that with funding & focus we can have stem cell transplant treatment
available in a much shorter time frame than the 5 to 10 years they are
forecasting now.

There are those of you who know your way around the organizations, i.e.,
people to contact, better than I and those who can get this ball rolling.  We
need names & voices from our group...we need "clout" by numbers.  We need a
national petition to get attention to this issue.  Our goal should be that
all organizations & agencies who operate in the name of Parkinson's disease
join together to fund an accelerated program devoted to stem cell research
and its ultimate cure for Parkinson's.  Please respond if you can help in
getting this organized or have any helpful information.
Dee