----- Original Message -----
From Nancy M.
> 1. Does Ready Cat (?) taste worse than Golytley (sp?) Am I going to have
> to drink 3-4 litres of this stuff??

I can't imagine why you would have to drink 3-4 liters of Ready Cat.  We
usually require that a patients drinks two liters of the stuff.  It's really
not all that bad.....has a bit of a banana taste and is slightly sour.

> 2.I assume even if one has an obstruction in the small intestine the
> organs will be visible during the CAT scan.?

Obstructions can be better defined by a CAT scan than an x-ray.  CAT scans
can also identify abnormalities that are easily missed by x-rays.

> 3. Is it similar to the radioactive liquid u drink with the delay
> gastric emptying tests? (i.e. water and the scrambled egg)

It does taste similar -  it might even be the same stuff, I honestly can't
remember if the drinks are different (I've had both procedures).    Having a
CAT scan is much better than having an upper GI.  After you drink the Ready
Cat the only thing you have to remember  is to breath when you see the green
light on the machine and to hold your breath on the red light.

Good luck. Let us know how things turn out.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 62/22)