eborah,
in your note you mentioned msa.   you need every  bit of courage you can muster.   i
know. this summer i diagnosed from pd to msa.  it  was a surprise for   me and ar the
same time it wasn't .  a lot of things that  i had wondered about became clear and
reasonable (if you can call anything about  these diseases reasonable!)  i am
wondering where you went for your dbs surgery? the reason i ask is that it was in my
interview to determine whether or not i was a good candidate for dbs surgery.   the
new  diagnosis of msa made me ineligible for surgery in cleveland.  doctor montgomery
told me the reason for this was the experience people with msa had was not good.
many  of these  msa patients who had the surgery were diagnosed postmortem after the
brain was looked at.  i am one of the 25% of msa patients who respond to antipode
drugs,though i need a lot of them. i  keep thinking that if i respond to the
medication i might respond favorably to dbs.  i was willing to try any ways. i darn
near begged dr montgomery to allow me to go through the risks of surgery when the
experience other msa patients was not at all promising.  did having msa contribute  to
the infection?  for obvious reasons   i would be interested in hearing about your
experiences. please drop me a note off-line. i know   what you mean about choices.
and the decisions i make to deal with msa symptoms  every day always seem to come
about six months too late. i feel like i am in a race just to keep up.

i'm very sorry that surgery didn't work for you.  it's at times such as these we need
to hold fast to the good and the beautiful in our lives. as corny and  pollyanna-ish
as it sounds and difficult it is to do, it is one way not to lose everything to msa.

keep strong your courage and god speed.

cathy 52/dx pd 1997/ dx msa 2001