Joining Janet Reno, there are now two  PWP  running for public office in
the 2002  U.S. elections:

FROM:  The Associated Press State & Local Wire

 January 8, 2002, Tuesday, BC cycle
SECTION: State and Regional
HEADLINE: Despite illness, Lane Evans running for 11th term in Congress

DATELINE: SPRINGFIELD, Ill.

""U.S. Rep. Lane Evans is running for re-election, despite a
much-different
district and a continuing fight against Parkinson's disease.

   "I have met and overcome challenges before and look forward to the
challenge
of representing this new district," Evans said Tuesday.  "And as the
representative of this district, the seniors who built this country, the
veterans who defended it and the families who work day in and day out to
support
(it) won't have to wonder who's standing up for them."

   The Rock Island Democrat has focused on military and veterans affairs
during
his 10 terms in Congress. He also is a strong union supporter who has
fought
against efforts to lower international trade barriers.

   His district in northwestern Illinois has been changed dramatically.
It now
cuts across central Illinois to take in parts of Springfield and Decatur.

   Parkinson's disease is a neurological condition that can affect
people's
speech and movement. Evans said his condition is stable and will not
interfere
with his campaign.

   "It's made me an even better congressman," he said. "I understand the
difficulties people face every day."