In a message dated 1/9/2002 2:47:02 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< I doubt if very many other people will be

found to be "disabled" now under the ADA.  And if someone is found to be

"disabled" under this narrow definition, that person probably cannot peform

the job, any job, because the person is so impaired.  Yikes!!!!  The ADA may

not have been gutted here, but it sure looks like it....To get any reasonable

protection under the ADA in the future, we may have to get Congress to change

the law and its definition of disability.   >>

Katie,

Thank you for your clear, succinct summary of the issues and the
implications. This is very disheartening. I hope Congress will rise to the
occasion, but I don't hold out great hope that they will do so.

Regards,
Kathleen